Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh how I love (and hate) fondant

We're now in week 2 of our Wilton Course 3: Fondant and tiered cakes. Tonight was very busy, but we made a great looking cake. I really do hate fondant, I don't like rolling it out and coloring it, and I HATE that taste of it, but it is sooo easy to work with! It makes the cakes look so neat. We made a package cake tonight, it's below! I made the colors of the cake to kind of go with the flavors: A lemonade cake with strawberry filling! Yep, I replaced the water in the white cake mix with frozen lemonade concentrate, and I added in pureed frozen strawberries to the buttercream icing. We'll see how it tastes tomorrow when I take it to work. :)



Oh, and we learned fondant roses - I loved how they turned out! They look so much better than my icing roses :)

I'll post my mom's cake when she sends it to me..

1 comments:

Cherie said...

Your cake looks beautiful! It sounds pretty tasty too! How did it turn out?

I have a question for you - can you tell me how much fondant you had to use? Did you use store-bought or make your own? (I have to make this cake on Monday for class and I'm not sure how much fondant to have...)

http://cherie-cakecakeandmorecake.blogspot.com/2008/07/wilton-course-3-class-2-cake-prep.html

thanks for any help you can provide!